The Greek Orthodox Church of All Saints (a Grade 1 listed building), in the north London suburb of Camden Town, was established following the request made to Metropolitan Germanos (Strenopoulos) by a group of Greek-Cypriots for the creation of a second Greek Orthodox church in London to meet the needs of the Orthodox Community under his pastoral care.
The building they were allowed to use was originally Anglican and had first been known as the Camden Chapel, having been built in 1824 as part of Lord Camden's development area. The architects were William Inwood and his son, Henry, who had recently completed the nearby St. Pancras New Church. In both cases, they drew on Classical Greek architecture for their inspiration. In the case of All Saints, the inspiration for the tower had been Lysicrates' monument in Plaka in Athens (known from the 17th century as Diogenes' Lantern).
The church was first used for Orthodox worship in 1948, with the existing dedication of All Saints' being retained. The first Orthodox liturgy was held at All Saints' on 25th April 1948 (Palm Sunday), with Archbishop Germanos of Thyateira & Great Britain and Archimandrite Parthenios officiating.
The church was later purchased by the Community, and subsequently raised to Cathedral status, being consecrated by Archbishop Gregorios of Thyateira and Great Britain (who had previously served as its parish priest) on 17th November, 1991.
It celebrates its patronal feast on the first Sunday after Pentecost.
To get there from the Americana; take the 274 bus from Dorset Square to Camden Town, the bus stops opposite Camden Town underground station. The Cathederal is a short walk from there.